WaterLase iPlus Jersey City, NJ
The Waterlase iPlus™ can treat numerous dental issues, often better than traditional equipment. Due to its gentle nature, it is perfect for anxious patients.
Waterlase iPlus dental procedures are available from Strong Roots Dental in Jersey City and the surrounding area. We use this system to treat a wide range of dental issues. In many cases, it helps us to provide better care than is possible with traditional equipment.
If you have a dental issue that needs to be addressed, do not wait to schedule an appointment. We will discuss all options with you, including whether the Waterlase iPlus can help with your dental needs. Call (551) 243-6310 today to learn more.
The Right Candidate for Waterlase iPlus
A Waterlase iPlus can be used on soft tissue, teeth, bones, crowns, and veneers. As such, a broad range of customers can benefit from being treated with the device. According to WebMD, laser dentistry is most likely to be used on patients with the following issues:
- Gum disease
- Oral lesions
- Tooth decay
- Tooth staining
Dentists sometimes choose the Waterlase iPlus because it offers a more comfortable patient experience compared to traditional tools. Some patients feel nervous around needles, drills, and scalpels. The quieter and less invasive nature of laser dentistry can help ease anxiety.
Both adults and children can be treated using a Waterlase iPlus. However, some circumstances may prevent a local procedure or may be better treated with traditional tools. The dentist will determine which method of treatment is likely to be successful.
“Both adults and children can be treated using a Waterlase iPlus.”
What To Expect During the Process
Most procedures are similar regardless of whether laser dentistry or traditional tools are being used. However, lasers produce less noise, can be used for multiple functions, and sterilize the area as they go. Therefore, the procedures can often be completed more quickly.
Many procedures can be completed within a single appointment. Others, especially cosmetic or complex procedures, may require multiple sessions. However, this is roughly in line with the same treatments provided with traditional tools.
“Most procedures are similar regardless of whether laser dentistry or traditional tools are being used.”
Benefits of Waterlase iPlus
The Waterlase iPlus can enhance a range of dental treatments. Strong Roots Dental will discuss when laser dentistry is beneficial. These are some advantages of laser-based dentistry over traditional tools, according to Healthline:
- Highly Precise: The laser beam's compactness makes it more precise than many traditional tools. This means that there is less damage to the surrounding tissue. Additionally, procedures are often quicker.
- Fast Healing: There is less damage, less bleeding, and a reduced need for sutures. This translates to wounds that heal more quickly.
- More Sterile: Lasers inherently sterilize the area while in use. This cuts the chance of infections. It can also simplify procedures.
“The laser beam’s compactness makes it more precise than many traditional tools.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: WaterLase iPlus in Jersey City, NJ
What to Expect During the Recovery Process
In most cases, the recovery process for the Waterlase iPlus is similar to that of an equivalent dental procedure with traditional tools. For example, patients may experience numbness for about a day after the procedure. After that, there may be some local tenderness or pain.
Any discomfort or pain can usually be treated with over-the-counter painkillers. However, Strong Roots Dental will provide in-depth information about recovery and pain management. A prescription may be necessary.
As with all dental procedures, good hygiene during the recovery period is important. Patients must also be careful to protect the area, especially if sutures were necessary. A follow-up appointment may be required to remove sutures, depending on the type used.
“The recovery process for the Waterlase iPlus is similar to that of an equivalent dental procedure with traditional tools.”
Comparison to Other Forms of Laser Dentistry
The Waterlase iPlus is an all-tissue dental laser. Many other lasers are designed only for soft tissue or hard tissue. Therefore, the Waterlase iPlus can be used for more procedures and in a more comprehensive manner.
It has been cleared for more than 80 different dental conditions. The functionality includes a unique REPAIR™ protocol. This can allow dentists more options when treating common dental issues.
Biolase, the manufacturer of the Waterlase iPlus, is a recognized leader in dental lasers. They designed the Waterlase iPlus based on experience and feedback to offer more options and greater patient comfort -- making it a good choice for patients interested in laser dentistry.
“…the Waterlase iPlus can be used for more procedures and in a more comprehensive manner.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Q. Are there added risks with laser dentistry?
A. No, the risks for laser dentistry are relatively small. They are roughly equivalent to those of traditional tools. In some cases, the risk of infection is reduced when using a laser.
Q. Can I request laser dentistry for any procedure?
A. Strong Roots Dental only recommends laser dentistry when appropriate. Consult with one of our team members to determine if laser dentistry is an option for a specific treatment.
Q. Are there any patients that should not receive Waterlase iPlus treatment?
A. According to Biolase, all clinical procedures with the Waterlase iPlus should be subject to the same clinical judgment as traditional techniques. Some patients may not be able to receive a local procedure. Strong Roots Dental will determine the best course of action for your unique situation.
Q. Can anyone provide laser dentistry?
A. Laser dentistry is becoming an increasingly popular treatment option. However, only dental professionals who are qualified for laser dentistry should provide such procedures.
Q. How much does dental treatment with Waterlase iPlus cost?
A. Typically, dental insurance covers procedures based on the treatment, not the technique. Therefore, treatment with the Waterlase iPlus will often be covered equal to traditional tools. Speak to your insurance representative to learn more.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
Definition of Dental Terminology
- BIOLASE is a company that specializes in developing, manufacturing and marketing numerous forms of medical lasers for dentistry.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Early Peri-Implantitis
- Early peri-Implantitis is a condition in which the tissue around a dental implant becomes inflamed and causes marginal bone loss in the patient’s mouth.
- Minimally Invasive Dentistry
- Also known as microdentistry, minimally invasive dentistry is to conserve as much of the healthy tooth structure with a focus on prevention and restoration.
- Subgingival Calculus
- Subgingival calculus is hardened dental plaque that forms under the gum line and can lead to infection or other diseases.
Learn More About Waterlase iPlus Today
Interested in laser dentistry? We at Strong Roots Dental can answer all your questions. Call 551-243-6310 today to schedule an appointment and see if the Waterlase iPlus is right for you.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2021
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2021
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2021
About our business, license, and website security
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Hudson County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Jersey City, Newport, Bergen Section, Communipaw and Colgate Center
- National Provider Identifier Database (1346572963). View NPI Registry Information
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Invisalign® provides you with a discreet way to improve the alignment of your teeth. It can be just as effective as straightening teeth with metal braces, and it offers a more comfortable approach to improving the alignment of teeth.Traditional metal braces have been used to straighten teeth for over a decade, but they are highly…
A family dentist is a popular resource to utilize when looking for ways to prevent cavities. Additionally, they can help individuals identify the cause of the cavity, which is necessary when looking to prevent them from developing in the future. Cavities are caused when bacteria, acid and/or food particles are left on or in between the…
An emergency dentist can provide the treatment that you need when you find yourself dealing with a loose tooth. A loose tooth is just one step away from falling out of its socket, so it requires emergency dental care.Lost adult teeth that fall out need to be quickly replaced to avoid issues that often come…
We are committed to providing quality service to residents located In the Jersey City, NJ area. Our website has additional information about the following topics: Dentist, Cosmetic Dentist, Family Dentist, General Dentist, Emergency Dentist, Dental Implants, Teeth Whitening, Dental Crowns, Dental Bridges and Dentist Near Me.